Friday, December 09, 2005

About Miri

Let's talk about my hometown, Miri first...
Although I am in Singapore at the moment and not expecting to go back any sooner, but I am really a village boy at heart.
It's not that Miri is a small town, in fact, Miri is one of the fastest developing town in Malaysia.
And Miri has been upgraded to Resort City Status last August.
I was in Singapore during that time. But I heard from my girlfriend in Miri that it indeed was a very extravagant event.
What is so special about Miri?
For me, it's a city that has its own pace. Life in Miri is more laid back.
Old folks, like my grandmother don't have to worry about not having money to support live.
Because although things are getting expensive, but it doesn't force them to earn money for living.
At least they don't have to work for others.
I will talk about that in details next time, if I bother.

I do not have a lot of Singaporean friends.
Well, most of my friends are my colleagues and churchmates.
I don't have any other people outside of the circle at the moment.
That's why I don't know what I should say in details about what's the difference about lifestyle in Singapore and Miri.
But I know that most of the people here are a little bit hostile.
No offence but I am just telling my honest opinion.

In Singapore, the old folks are encouraged to work even after they retire.
Why is that so?
Well, I am working in a cleaning company, so I sometimes got to interview some old aunties and uncles for their job applications.
Some of them look so weak and I just feel they won't stay long with the job.
And I am right most of the time.

Let me talk about an uncle that used to work as a driver in our company.
He's old but very dilligent.
Let's just call him Uncle Yap.
I personally adore his working style.
But sometimes he push himself too hard.
He passed away last July.
It was a sad event for most of us here.
It feel as if I can relate myself to him even closer than me with my father.
But life has to go on.

How I wish I can show you some nice photos of Miri here.
I will try to do that when I am back in Miri, maybe in the end of January, to celebrate Chinese New Year.
I miss my family and friends.

I guess that's all for now.
I hope this post will entertain you.
Any comment?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home