Saturday, March 25, 2006

Jamie Oliver Feed Me Better Campaign

I woke up very early this morning, (6am is early, right?)
The first thing that I did was switching on the TV.
And guess what? They're showing Jamie Oliver. I like his cooking show.
I was quite surprised and wondered why was it aired so early.
But it doesn't matter anyway.

The show was about Feed Me Better campaign done by Jamie Oliver in UK schools.
What was the purpose of this campaign?
Well, it was due to the fact that the youngsters in Europe are facing obesity.
And one of the reason was because of the food they served in the school cafeteria.
In short, it's a healthier school food campaign.

While watching the show, I saw how he gradually changed the eating habits of the youngsters. At first, they don't even want to taste the food.
And later, they start to try out the sandwich, without the veges that is.
By the way, I wonder, what makes them hate vegetable so much? It's so delicious.

I am not sure how is it progressing, but I am sure it made an impact when he submitted 270,000 signatures for a petition that he personally handed over to Prime Minister Blair and Education Secretary Kelly in March 2005.

To find out more about the campaign, you can check out this http://www.feedmebetter.com/

2 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Desmond Douglas Jerukan said...

You know the story in Astro Mondo Magic Singapore? They seem to have some show in SIngapore? Since its a small place did you bump into them?

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Miriguy said...

Mondo Magic Singapore?
How I wish I would bump into JB Benn and Chris Korn somwhere here. Lol.
But, no. I didn't see them around. Maybe I should look for them at Orchard road.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home