Saturday, December 17, 2005

Movies

Let's talk about movies..
I watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire a few weeks ago...
The Harry Potter movie was a great one. Even though I don't read the book, but I like the movie very much.
But some of my friends from other churches told me they'll not watch it. I think it's a waste.
Well, it's a good movie to grow your imagination.
One of the scenes I like is when the students from other wizardry institutions show up with their styles. The girls enter with their elegance and the boys’ macho entry with their thumping sounds. So cool!
Shame on me because I don't watch movies that often, unless I feel like it really worth the time and money I spend. Well, time play a more important role here.
And the person who invites me to watch plays an important role too.
I wonder why there will always be good movies when it's around December.
Maybe it's because of school holidays?
Oh well…
And another one I am waiting to be on screen is "The Chronicles of Narnia". I am a fan of the book. What is so interesting about the book?
Well, it is a very entertaining book, because the writer, C.S Lewis managed to create the environment for Narnia. He has a very high imagination level.
It’s about another world like ours with the name Narnia. And there are beasts that can communicate with human in Narnia. They’re called generally as “The Talking Beast”.
And there is a Lion, named Aslan. He is the one who created Narnia. Other animals always explain that he is not a “Tame Lion”.
I saw the trailer and I notice it has some similarity with "The Lords of the Ring".
I am talking about the trailer. I haven't watched it yet, because it will be in Singapore cinemas on 22nd December.
I wish I have time to go to Johore and watch it at City Square on 8 December. But I just can't.

And one thing I want to clarify here is I am a fan of so-called scary movies and Chinese movies.
Wait! Before you call me racist, well, I am a Chinese myself. But, I don't really look like Chinese and I know that doesn't matter.
People say I look more like a Malay dude and that doesn't matter too.
I am not really a movie-goer. And I always go alone. But I guess that is better because at least I can enjoy it and don’t have to act and pretend to be like someone else.
Who want to join me and watch “The Chronicles of Narnia”?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home