Monday, December 19, 2005

Ward Christmas Party

I managed to went to my ward's christmas party last Saturday, 17 December 2005.
It was a fun experience to have a chance to mingle with other LDS members.
Anyway, I was a bit disappointed not to see Lind there.
How can she do that? I mean, she promised to come.

But nevermind.
Anyway, there were a lot of food served that night. Went there with W.
He's another YSA in our ward. A friendly guy.

Both of us arrived a little bit late, but just in time to enjoy the food.
After we're all done with eating, we have a few programs running on that night.
First of all, we have a video presentation about Jesus Christ and the restored gospel through Prophet Joseph Smith. It was a good video show.
After that we have choir presentation from the primary and young men and women.
The hymns that they sang were good.

Actually when they started it was a bit funny because they felt awkward, and I can see that from their facial expression.

But after we all join in and sing along and clap with them, they became more cheerful. Yeah, sometimes, you gotta give them some motivation, right?
Anyway, the best part was we have a Santa Claus that night.
Everyone was so excited about it. I would've join in if there's not too many people lining up to see Santa! Haha!

This is my first time to celebrate Christmas Party in an LDS church as an expat. The feeling is of course very different. And I like it.

Last few years I was celebrating it with my fellow course-mates back in Johore. But, the group is only limited, because it is only among University Students. The church itself belongs to the University group. And there are many different groups.
That was before I was baptised in LDS church.

And yeah, this year I have my favourite song for Christmas. Of course not Jingle Bell, hehe.

It's "A happy Christmas(War is over)" by John Lennon.
It's nice. Check it out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home